Monday, July 27, 2009

Layton is ONE!




My baby is ONE!!! It is so sad and exciting at the same time. I cannot believe how time has just flown by this last year. Layton is still just the happiest little guy, even when he is teething. I do not know how Austin and I got so lucky.




I was so excited to have a summer baby to celebrate with ice cream cake. All day long all Layton wanted to do was open his presents that were stacked on the cedar chest. We invited lots of family and friends over to celebrate with us. Layton seemed to love being sung to, but what he really wanted was the candle! Layton never did eat a bite of his cake. I tried and tried, so we just gave up and let him do what he really wanted, rip the paper off the presents. Oh how he loved that. The girls too, and Nash, his cousin.
Uncle John and Aunt Gina also celebrated their birthday's this past week so we were able to sing to them also. It was a fun filled day.


Can you tell what his favorite toy? Good thing there were two big balls, Nash and Layton were having some struggles, Layton was very possessive of his toys.


3 comments:

Mary Richardson said...

I can't believe he's one already! That's so nuts! You have the cutest family--I wish I could have been there!

Annie said...

Is this your house? I love the gold and red paint. It looks like a great birthday party. Wish we were there to celebrate!

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

I totally thought Gina looked like Emily...I was thinking--well that was really nice for her to come all the way to his little party! Boy was I wrong! And did you make that cake? Looks delightful!