Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Funny

So last night was a terrible night for Layton and I. I am not sure what was going on with him, teething, off schedule during the day, not feeling well maybe, not sure but he decided that one minute after mom crawled under the covers would be a great time to wake up crying, and then not stop for 4 hours. That is right he was awake from 11-3. Mostly. I tried to let him cry it out, he got louder. I tried to cuddle him, feed him a bottle, lay on the ground next to the crib and hold his hand through the bars, nothing. Finally at 2 I was so exhausted I pulled him out and laid him next to me on the floor. (Austin is on a very demanding rotation and Layton does not hold still in bed, so I choose the floor) It took about 40 minutes of moving and moaning (from Layton) before he was finally asleep, then I let him get into a deep sleep before I moved him back.
Needless to say, in the morning I was exhausted. I got everyone breakfast and then Layton was ready for a nap. YEAH! So I told the girls to play nicely, not to answer the door and DO NOT DISTURB ME! yeah right. That lasted about 20 minutes then they were yelling and hitting each other. I threatened them and they were quite for the last 20 minutes. When I woke up they were downstairs laughing and giggling with each other, then I found...
I found it quite FUNNY! I told them to work out their problems and if I needed to I would take care of things when I woke up. I guess this was Tori's way of taking care of things.

4 comments:

Annie said...

That is hilarious. I am sorry about the long night though. I cannot believe that Layton is one! Where does the time go and why are our babies growing up so fast?

Kim said...

That is pretty funny - do you remember the days of just taking a nap whenever, undisturbed? it is a vague memory for me - I hope I enjoyed it while it lasted!

I am in rupert til next thursday - we have a reunion sat - tue, but if you by chance make it here, let me know so maybe we can see each other!

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

Haha...do you think Tori knows she spelled punched wrong :S ...how embarassing!! Ha..jk sissy! Poor little Latypoo!

Jess and Whitni said...

hahaha I feel so bad for you and your long night, but that note from Tori seriously made my day, that is so flippin cute!!!!!! I am laughing so hard, I just LOVE the things little kids say and do.... how sweet!