Friday, July 9, 2010



I was so proud of Austin, he won the two awards that were given out that night, the teaching award, which was voted on by all his fellow residents, and the quality project award, which he put a lot of time into. I was so impressed.




The Senior Residents get together and decide which Attending Physicians and Nurses have helped them the most in the the last three years and them award them with a plaque. Austin was able to give this award to the Doctor who has been his greatest mentor during his residency. Austin was so honored to give this to Dr. Dyer. He has been such a great influence in Austin's career.



This is Austin and his certificate of completion.



Austin was so wonderful. At the end of the graduation he presented me with a dozen red roses and told everyone that he would not have been able to get through medical school and residency without me. He said lots of other beautiful things and that made the seven LONG years worth it! And I loved the roses.




These were some of Austin's fellow residents, and some of his best friends these last three years. L-R : Austin, Rachel, Amy Brizzee, Dave Brizzee (resident), Ryan Zimmerman (resident), Rena Nordeng-Zimmerman (resident- married to Ryan)




Austin's mom, Gail, was able to come and see the graduation.


Us with my parents, John and Terry Fennell. They delayed their vacation by a couple of days just so they could be there to support Austin. I am always so grateful they are always so supportive.


Not the greatest picture, but here are the Graduating Residents:
L-R: Ryan Zimmerman, Rena Nordeng, Charles Clair, David Brizzee, Marty Mangum, Austin.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I can't believe you guys are done! Congratulations you guys.

Mary Richardson said...

Wow I'm so proud of Austin! He's such a hard worker, I'm so glad you guys are done! You look so beautiful in that suit! I LOVE the color of your blouse underneath!