Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Family Pictures

Yesterday was the first day that we were all together, when the sun was still up, in a long time. So we decided that since the leaves were changing we would take our family pictures. So after Tori got home from school we all got ready. We left the house at 4:00 to start our drive up to City Creek. At 4:01 it started to rain on us! I was so MAD!! Last time when we were going to take pictures it snowed! Can we not ever get good weather!!! Austin pointed out that the darkest clouds were over City Creek...nice. Oh well, we headed up anyway, at least we were spending time together, right? We drove around for a little while trying to pick the perfect spot, and let the rain die down. We took some pictures and the kids didn't complain too much. I have to say that I am not a huge fan of taking my own family pictures. I set everyone up in the positions that I think looks pretty good, try to picture me in there, set the timer and then run, at the same time I am hoping that no one moves and that they all look at the camera when it takes the picture. It rarely turns out. But I keep trying. Next time I will just recruit someone to come with us and take the pictures for me.




This is me running, I accidently set the wrong timer!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Hey Rachel,your pictures are always gorgeous!(just so you know,if you need someone to point and click, Cameron is pretty darn good at taking our pictures. All the pictures I take are blurry but he does pretty well. You are welcome to borow him anytime!:)

Jess and Whitni said...

oh man i bet this was a challenge to take your own family pictures, your new main pic is way cute though! nice job!!!!! =)

Kristi said...

Rachel, where are you guys at now. Layne and I would love to catch up with you all.