Friday, October 9, 2009

Building Forts

I don't know about your children, but mine think that blankets have one purpose, and one purpose only... to built forts with. I guess that the same goes with the furniture, well, that and to jump off.


After weeks and weeks of constant forts in our family rooms (yes both, and somtimes at the same time), Austin and I looked for a way to solve this problem.


One day Austin came home and showed me this website! I was so exited.


Two weeks prior to the girls birthdays, there was literally a new fort built everyday. People would come to my house and I would just think, "my house is usually cleaner than this!!!"


I wanted to give the girls their gift early, just so I could have a clean looking house again, but I didn't.This is the last BLANKET FORT to be built in my house!! YEAH!


And of course it was on Sunday right before they got their "new fort."


Here is the Invent-a-tent! I love it. they have made at least 6 different forts since then, and they are all downstairs where no one can see.

6 comments:

Eric and Shaunna said...

Oh, my gosh! I absolutely LOVE the tents! I could actually have living space at my house if I one of those things~ Where did you find it?

Rachel said...

Sorry Shaunna, I forgot to put the website link on! It is inventatent.com
they are actually out of Utah.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!! Totally getting that!!!

Jess and Whitni said...

haha thats such a great idea - i miss bein a kid, forts were always so much fun to build =)

Denise said...

That is so awesome! My kids get frustrated when they dont hold up and then of course I can relate to the having to clean it up all the time. Thanks for the idea!

ShambhalaLinks said...

My family is curious about this product. I'm wondering if the product quality has held up. Have the kids broken it yet? We have a very active 11 year old...