Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunday Hike


We really like to take Sunday drives, especially now that we are in a new place and the weather is nice. This Sunday we had Stake Conference and so we had a little more time in the afternoon than we usually do so we decided to take a little walk in the mountains. The girls were so excited to be in nature that they were practically running up the mountain.
Kennedy soon found out that running up a mountian is hard work, so she opted to ride for a while. It was a beautiful walk. We saw lots of butterflies, birds and even spooked a few deer. The girls were running at one point, and not 20 yards in front of them four deer jumped up and ran up the mountain. They thought that was so cool. Kennedy wanted to chase them up the mountain and catch them.
Tori has a pair of Austin's old binoculars. They aren't the greatest, but she loves them. While we were walking we saw tons of deer tracks and every time that she saw one she would stop and point it out to Austin then pull up her binos and scan the mountain. She would then inform us that the deer wasn't there anymore and keep on walking. It was so cute, I couldn't stop smiling. And she did this dozens of times. She really looks up to her Daddy and tries so hard to impress him. I think it is adorable.

3 comments:

Annie said...

You are on a roll! I am so glad that you are finally posting. You're girls are growing up so fast. I can't believe Kennedy is already writing her name. I love Austin's camo gear on the hike. I bet he was able to sneak up on the deer undetected. So great to see what you guys are up to!

writerren said...

Hi Rachel!
Oh my goodness, it's been a long time. It's so great that you are pregnant! And having a boy, how great.
Well, looks like things are going great for you. I'm glad. Take care!

I am Laura said...

I am jealous of your mountains. Can't wait to come west to see them again in a few weeks.