Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sidewalk chalk

Right now Austin is working the night shift. So he leaves the house around 6:30 p.m. The girls just love being able to wave goodbye to him and so lately we have been going outside when he leaves. Then they want to stay outside because we are finally having nice weather. Tori is content just riding her bike, but Kennedy likes to change things up. Lately she is really into drawing on the sidewalk.
The only thing is, #1 I have to be involved, okay, that is fine, but #2 the whole sidewalk and driveway have to be covered in chalk before it is okay for us to go inside. This takes a lot of time and creativity. She doesn't want us to draw the same thing over and over again, in fact, she doesn't even like me to draw the same things two days in a row. I am really running out of ideas. It has been really fun though. We have come up with some fun pictures.
Last night I wrote everyone's names (REALLY BIG to take up space) and Kennedy decided to copy me. She already knows how to write her name and Tori's name, but she also added Dad and Mom. It is really light in this picture, but I thought she did a GREAT job.
(and the little thing she is drawing does not have a name, she just thought it looked COOL!)

1 comment:

I am Laura said...

ally is liking writing her name too. kenedy is a long name. She did great.