Saturday, September 15, 2007

1st time fishing

This is the first time I have gone fishing in four years! We got go to Island Park with the Family Medicine Residency for our retreat. Austin took the girls and I to Henry's Lake. When we were unloading the boat, everyone else were loaoding theirs up. They told us we wouldn't catch anything and were waisting our time. (I think they saw the Ohio plates and didn't think we knew anything about fishing, they just don't know Austin!) So we paddled out a little and I started fishing. Within five minutes I had hooked this beaut! He fought me for a LONG time, but when I landed him it was worth it. Austin picked it up and said to the shore, "Can't catch anything huh? " I tried to look like I was excited, but me and fish don't get along too well, especially when they are in my hands.

Tori LOVED this whole experience. She was so excited to get out of the boat so she could hold the fish. It took a few tries, but she finally picked it up without any help. Then she didn't want to put it down. She sure didn't get that from me. Kennedy, on the other hand, would touch the fish or help pick it up and then drop her half because it was gross. That's my girl.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Bryan is jealous! That is a huge fish. It looks like you guys are having a great time. It is so fun to see your two cute girls. Julia still remembers their names so we'll wait for your visit in November so she can get reaquainted!

Brian Adair Fam said...

That is one big fish! :0) Good job reeling it in! I love the pictures of the girls holding the fish. Especially Kennedy's face! :0)