Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

this was Tori's first day of 1st Grade!!! (I can't believe that she is old enough to be a 1st grader!) She was so excited to go to school. She helped me pick out all her school supplies, especially the Tinkerbell lunch box, that is all she really cared about anyway. She picked out her own outfit and laid it out the night before. She even went to sleep within minutes of getting in bed. Tori did wake up with a tummy ache (nerves) and didn't eat much breakfast. When we got to the school I told her we would come in with her to help her find her class again, she told me no she was fine. I insisted! She is not old enough remember? As we walked in Tori was clinging to me, Kennedy was crying, and Layton was trying to grab everyone and everything in sight! It took Tori a few minutes to finally let go, and I made a dash out before she started crying (or me). When I got outside a friend, who also has a son in the class, told me that Tori came up to her and gave her a great big hug, still nervous I guess! Thanks Ad! She came home from school so happy and excited to do it again! That night in Tori's prayer she said thank you three times that she had such a fun day, and please bless that tomorrow she would have fun too. And she did.

2 comments:

Annie said...

1st Grade! When did this happen! I can't believe she is old enough to be in first grade. She looks adorable and I'm sure she loved every minute of it.

Nadia said...

I can't believe how tall she is. I am sure that she's just as smart as I remember. Oh, and good for you for falling asleep straight away Tori. I wish that would happen in our house!