Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DECEMBER 2008 . . . PART II . . . CHRISTMAS

We started a new tradtition this year. (Well, I hope it becomes a tradition). On Christmas Eve we decorated this wonderful GINGERBREAD house. Isn't is great!
The girls had a blast. Austin found some fun songs on Youtube that we listened and danced to while we were decorating.


The girls were very proud of the house.

I was not very excited about this. I walked into Layton's room to check on him before I went to bed and found him rolled over. Now he almost automatically rolls to his stomach when I put him in bed. Even during the night when I roll him back over. I guess that he is a stomach sleeper.
It scares me.



This was Christmas day. We got another huge snow/wind storm Christmas Eve night. It snowed and drifted, and so they had to close all the Interstates and Highways. We were planning to go to my parents on Christmas day, but had to postpone a little because of the snow. It actually turned out to be such a wonderful day. No one could go ANYWHERE and so we stayed at home and played games, Austin built a snow tunnel house with the girls, and we watched a little football.
When the roads did open we started on our way, and then wished that we hadn't. The roads were still awful. We saw many people slide off and had to stop and call 911 three times.
We drove 35 almost the whole way home and even that was probably too fast. It took us two and a half hours to drive 60 miles. But then when we did get to Rupert, we had a wonderful weekend. We were the only kids home on both sides of the family and so we got lots of time with our parents. It really was a wonderful Christmas.
I accidently deleted the picture of Austin's parents house after that storm, I will try to add it again. But the snow drifts were about 3 feet. . . in his parents yard!! One of the cars got completely covered in the snow.
It was pretty fun.



2 comments:

Mary Richardson said...

You have the cutest family Rach! I love seeing pictures of you guys! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun over Christmas and made tons of fun memories! I can't believe how much Layton is growing--he looks a lot like John to me, I don't know why :) Have fun in Ohio!

Jess and Whitni said...

I just love making gingerbread houses... its so much fun! Your little girls are adorable and your little boy is the cutest baby!! =0) I cannot believe how much snow you guys had, that is insane!