Thursday, July 31, 2008

Layton Gillette is Here!!

Layton Perry Gillette arrived on July 26, 2008 at 12:02 am. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. And was 20 3/4" long. He is a very long and skinny little boy. His arms, legs, fingers and toes are all very long. He has blue eyes, like the rest of the family, and light brown hair. We think that it will be blond like his big sister Tori.Tori and Kennedy were so excited to get to meet him. When they got to the hospital they couldn't keep their eyes and hands off of him. Kennedy loved to point out all the little things about him to Austin and I, to make sure that we knew everything about him. The cutest was when she said, "He has knees Mom!" They are going to be great big sisters.
This is just a close up of Layton in his little going home outfit. He and I were both very ready to get out of there by that second day.


My Mom and sister Mary came and stayed the night with the girls will we were in the hospital having Layton. The next morning before coming to see us Aunt Mary helped the girls draw a welcome home picture. It says:
"Welcome Home Mom and Layton"
Then they drew a house and a picture of all the members of our family. Then there is a huge picture of Layton that Tori drew. It was very cute. I loved it.

17 comments:

The Teeples said...

Congratulations! He is so dang cute! How fun to now experience what a boy is all about. My biggest advice-Make sure to always be prepared for a shower when you Change his diaper.

Much Love To all of you,
The teeples :)

I am Laura said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. Those pictures your girls drew for you and him are adorable too. What a great addition to your family and I love the name Layton.

lisa h. said...

congratulations!!! i hope you recover quickly and enjoy your first boy!

Annie said...

Yeah! He is so cute. I love his going home outfit. I want to see him in person soon! We love you guys and hope recovery and sleepless nights are good to you!

kiki comin said...

congrats..we are so excited for you. he is so sweet and cute. hope your recovery goes great and fast!:)

wendy said...

Yipee! Boys are so fun. It is so great to hear from you guys. I am always wondering how everyone is doing. Thanks for sharing the special news. He's a cutie!

wendy

Kaly Shippen said...

I hope Tori and Kennedy are good helpers for you--I'm sure they will be! He is a cutie!

jeff and char said...

he is so cute congrats to you all, you are so lucky to have 2 little helpers. you will enjoy your baby boy they are so fun.

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable! And your two girls are still as cute as can be! Good Luck with 3 now!

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Adair Fam said...

Congratulations!!!! Layton is such a perfect, beautiful baby boy!! When I was thinking of some "boy" advice for you, I glanced at Heather's comment and I definitely have to ditto that! Have that diaper ready and watch out for the "rainbow shower" over his head. :0) We're so happy for you guys and hope that all is well with recovery and getting back into the swing of things. Let me know how it is with 3 kids!! :0)

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I'm glad everything went well.

Mark and Jamie Elison said...

He is adorable! With two older sisters to smother him with love he will have to be tough! Little boys are so much fun! Congratulations!

Love,
Jamie Elison

Lyndee said...

He is so adorable. Congratulations.
I bet your girls are loving him.

I need to get your email address. I am going private. Can you leave it on my blog.

Kandice said...

Congrats! He is darling! I hope that 3 is going well. Take care.

Kandice

mariann and Tory said...

Congrats on the new baby! I found your blog by accident! What a cute family you guys have!

Nadia said...

Glad to see the little guy. Keep the updates coming!