Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So I guess that I was tagged a LONG time ago. But I have been busy and haven't read my comments for a while! Sorry Heather!

HERE ARE THE RULES: Each player list 6 facts or habits about themselves. At the end of their tag the player then tags 6 others, list their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Here we go:

#1
I have never really enjoyed being tall, except when I played basketball. I am very self conscious about my height and feel all the time like people are looking at me and making fun of my height. I always dreamed about marrying someone who was many inches taller than I, instead, Austin is 1/2" taller. It took me four years to gain the courage to wear heels around him. And still, all the while I am thinking "I'm taller than him now." Oh well, it is just something I will have to deal with, maybe in a few years I won't even think when I put on heels! :)

#2
When I was a sophmore in high school I made the J.V. Softball team. I was a pitcher but there were plenty of those around, and so they made me the catcher. I was so excited. I had lots of padding to wear and a face mask. I thought this was probably the safest position on the team, besides right field. I was the starting catcher and loved it. I was just starting to get into a good grove when halfway through the season we were playing a little "hot box" during practice. Someone that was three feet away from me threw a ball right at my face as I was talking to the coach. Just as the ball was about to hit me she called my name so that I looked at her and go smacked in the face. It broke my nose, gave me two black eyes, black swollen nose, and a big fat black lip. We had a dance that weekend that I was supposed to go to with my first boyfriend in high school. I was so humiliated that I never wanted to return to school again. Of course my mom made me, and it was awful. the guy said that he would go to the dance with me still, but afterword never talked to me again. Nice. I still, to this day, get made fun of for the way that I looked after taking a ball to the face. I went back to play softball again two weeks later and was once again hit in the face by a tipped ball. I have never enjoyed playing softball since then. I even struggle just playing catch with Austin. I still flinch everytime the ball even comes close to my face.

#3
I bite my finger nails really bad. I have tried to stop, but it is so hard. I will do good for a few days, then have a massage scheduled (or just get bored) and think that my nails can't be long. So what do I do? No, not file them like normal people, first I have to bite them, then I file them! It's awful.

#4
I like to have my house clean, it just makes me happy. I have a friend sho once told me to always go to bed with your kitchen sink clean so that when you wake up in the morning it is smiling at you. I try to have my kitchen sink always clean, so that it smiles at me when I walk in, even if my counters are not. Don't get me wrong, the play room is always messy, but I can close the door on that, and my clothes are not always hung up, but my beds are always made and the front room is always clean! I just like Austin to come home to a clean house after he has been gone working hard all day for us.

#5
I tend to take on too many things at one time. Then after I have gotten too involved to back out I start to stress out so much that no one want to be around me. I also cry a lot during this time. You would think that I would have learned my lesson by now, but no. I am in the middle of this right as we speak (hince, the reason it took me so long to write this)

#6
I like to cook. I love to try new things for dinner, lunch, desert, I even make our granola for breakfast. My mom is a great cook, so I think that I must have gotten it from her. My kids are not always excited about eh new dishes that I try, but Austin is usually happy with them. He just gets mad at me because I rarely try the food before I place it on the table. He can't understand that I am just confident about my cooking! (Or I just forget)

Well, that is my six things so now I guess I will tag some people, though most have already been tagged. So I tag Kim, Lyndee, Nicole, Nadia, and well, that is all that I know that haven't been tagged!

5 comments:

Cara said...

you forgot to write how super-crafty you are! I had no idea you were such a cook- what a great talent. And I would never play softball again after those experiences either!

Brian Adair Fam said...

I loved reading more about you! I keep wincing everytime I think about the softball hitting your face! That has to be one of the most painful things...except childbirth, of course! :0) I have to agree with Cara...you are super-crafty and very talented. I hope your life is a little less crazy now! :0)

Heather Nielson said...

I just love reading your blog. That was so fun to read all those things about you. It has been fun to read all my friends that have got tagged. I keep telling Terrill as soon as we get a digital camera I am starting a blog but he tells me we need to buy a computer first. He doesn't want me to put ONE MORE THIING on our computer. So hopefully my blogging days will come soon. Until then I will keep checking yours daily so keep them coming!

Lyndee said...

I love to see all the fun things about you. I need to get your address. Email me at lyndeekennett@yahoo.com

kiki comin said...

i loved reading all these new things about you! i know why you didn't write that you are super-crafty..because we all already knew that!:) and don't be ashamed of your height..i'm jealous of people who are tall..i always dreamed of being 6'5"..and having mad basketball skills like you!:)you are LUCKY!