Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back in the blogging world...

I know! I know! It has been like 10 months! But I am back, at least for today. ;)
Life has been so busy, and sometimes I think that blogging needs to be at the bottom of my list, and so it is. Sorry.
Let me catch up for just a minute...

Tori. Tori is now in 3rd grade, and loves every minute of it. She loves reading and Math. We usually (everyday) have to tell her to put her book down and go and play. She bugged me all of 2nd grade to let her read Harry Potter. So this summer I said fine, but if it gets too scary you have to stop and wait a year or two. Well, four books later (in two months) I told her she needed to start reading other material. She gets to pick up book 5 in fourth grade. Tori looks very cute in her glasses, but has a hard time keeping them on her face. She loves to play sports, basketball and soccer, chase boys at recess, and has just started gymnastics. Tori wanted to start playing the piano, so I have been teaching her lessons. She is an easy student. She really wants to learn and practices a ton. Now if I could be consistant in her lessons. She is a great kid!!!

Kennedy. Kennedy is still my spunky, fun loving little girl, who is only one year from being BAPTISED!!!! Yikes! I am old! Kennedy is in 1st grade and informs me quite often that it is too easy for her and why can't they do harder math. She is also reading like crazy, but it is not a punishment to her when she can't read. Kennedy is very athletic and loves to play soccer. She uses her spunky-ness to her advantage in soccer. She is also in gymnastics and is very good. The very first day the instructor had the girls do a bridge. Kennedy was able to go right into one and hold the position for a very long time. She is very flexible. She is always practicing the things she learns at gymnastics. Kennedy has had a hard time with Tori growing up a bit. She just wants Tori to play with her constantly like she used to. Tori would prefer reading or playing the piano. So Kennedy has moved onto Layton. She is alwaysplaying cars and trucks, or animals with Layton. She also likes to annoy him a bit, and thinks it is funny, he does not, and neither does Mom. She is a great kid with a great personality.

Layton. Layton is just growing up so fast. He gets to hang out with me at home all day, just the two of us. I thought for sure he would have a hard time, but he seems to really enjoy the one on one time. We get along great. Layton loves to do anything that Dad is doing. Fishing, hunting, playing basketball, or playing with Howie. His true loves (lately) are tractors and big trucks, like dump trucks and potato trucks. He loved grain harvest because he got to watch a tractor at work right behind the house. It was good motivation to eat. :) Layton loves his Uncle David too. David lived in Rexburg while he was at school this last year and it was great! Layton would light up when Dave would come to visit, or hunt in our fields. Uncle David left on his mission a month ago and Layton really misses him. The other night while he was saying the prayer, Austin prompted him with, "Please bless Uncle David..." and Layton said, "Please bless Uncle David to shoot a dove." So cute. I had a hard time not laughing during the prayer. Yesterday Layton and I were running errands, and in the last store (of many) he needed to use the restroom. We hurried into the bathroom and Layton said, "Mom this bathroom stinks real good." And it did. He is a joy.

Austin. Austin is getting more busy at his clinic all the time. He is delivering about one baby a week, which is what he wants. He really enjoys where he works and the people he gets to serve. Plus, his clinic is like 2 blocks from the river, so he goes fishing almost everyday during his lunch. He has gotten to do lots of hunting and fishing very close to home, which is good for all of us. Austin still loves basketball and plays at least once a week, usually twice. He was called as the Elders Quorum President not too long ago and has spent a lot of time doing that. He loves the area that we live and hopes we never have to leave.

Rachel. Well I keep myself way too busy. I have been making quilts like mad craziness, for everyone it seems. And I have been filling more and more of my time with photography, which I am loving. And besides that I do the usual, running kids to activity days, gymnastics, library, cleaning the house, doing laundry, cleaning the house, you understand. I do what every mom has to do. But I do love naptime. That is MY time. I do not work. I spend that hour and a half doing something that I want, reading, sewing, or napping. It is wonderful.

Well, I hope that you are satisfied with my catch-up. I will try to do better, I swear!

3 comments:

Annie said...

So good to hear what you guys are up to! I can't believe how big those kids are getting. It blows my mind. We sure do miss you guys!

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

Yay for you blogging again! I loved it!! Layton is so cute...and his little prayer. And thats so funny Austin fishes everyday at work :)

Meagan said...

I just about fell off my chair when I saw your name at the top of my updated blogs list. ;) You guys sure are staying busy. Love it. Love the picture at the top of your blog!